Sunday, July 15, 2012

07/10/12

This post is way over due. We have been very busy and I have found it hard to find the time to reflect and write. I feel like both are an important part of this process, so here it goes. I am very much still overwhelmed with pride and admiration upon Matts completion of the Philly Triathalon. Accomplishing this just six months after being diagnosed is really amazing. The rush of emotion I felt as he crossed the finish line was indescribable. Just to write about it chokes me up a bit. When he was in the hospital and shortly after I could not have imagined that in a few months I would be watching him swim 1 mile, bike 25 miles and run 6 miles. I know that Matt is fighting this disease with every fiber of his being. I am so grateful that his side effects are minimal enough to allow him to be so physical. Matt and I and our children are all in very good place right now. Life for Matt and I has changed immensely. If you take away the fear of the unknown, the when and if this disease will progress or mutate, our life has changed for the better. It may seem crazy, but it is true. We are a healthier family, both mentally and physically. Albeit our two year old is challenging our mental health at the moment. I ran my first 5k with Matt on July 4th and hope to do many more. Matt has his sight set on a half ironman! We are eating better, much better and I feel like each day is lived with more purpose. With that being said I always have to take a moment to thank everyone for their prayers and messages of love and support. I have been on both sides of the fence of cancer. I know what it is like to not know what to say to someone or the fear of saying the wrong thing. I just want to say that you can't say the wrong thing to me. When anyone reaches out to me it makes me feel supported and loved! I am also very appreciative of any medical or nutritional information that is passed along to me! I am praying for everyone that has been touched by cancer. Consider being a bone marrow donor www.bethematch.org Please consider donating to light the night! http://pages.lightthenight.org/lv/LehighVy12/TeamCrushBloodCancer

12 comments:

  1. Jami, you're Amazing. I'm so glad to be your Friend. Matt and the children are so Lucky to have you. As always, I continue to pray for Matt, his health and his strength. Sending my Love, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami,

    It is truly wonderful you are sharing you and your family's story with the rest of us! I wish Matt the best of get well wishes to get thought his CML journey.I found your blog searching for CML resources and would like to add it to our blog directory (link below) so that others dealing with CML can learn from your experiences. However, I wanted to get your permission first. Please contact me at nickv@navigatingcancer.com if you’d like me to add it to our directory.

    Take Care,
    Nick
    https://www.navigatingcancer.com/explore/leukemia/blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize for posting this on your blog, I just didn’t know how else to contact you! My name is Linda and I’m the production assistant for an online health community called WEGO Health (www.wegohealth.com). I came across your blog, CML Journey, while doing some research into the online CML community. I was so impressed with the great resource you have created for the greater CML community.

    Just wanted to drop you a quick note because we recently launched a new video platform called WEGOHealth.tv and are in the process of building a Blood Cancer Channel featuring the advice, information and wisdom of Health Activists like yourself. I think you would be an excellent addition to the channel and I would love to chat with you about possibly creating a video with us!

    Please check out our site; http://tv.wegohealth.com/ and get back to me at your convenience if you have any interest.

    I know this note is a little out of the blue and I understand if it’s not something you would be interested in, but I didn’t want you to miss out on the opportunity.

    Thanks,

    Linda
    Production Assistant
    WEGO Health
    LindaM@wegohealth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matt,

    Thanks for sharing this on blog, I will great when I was reading it how the journey has began and challenges you would be facing and the one's you faced.

    Its really inspirational and look forward to more from you.

    Thanks,

    Affordable cancer Treatments in India with Asia's first and world's first in treating highest number of cancer patients with RapidArc technology (6000)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad to hear that matt is not giving up, and is fighting it with all he has. a lot of stories i've heard from various people in the past have showed me that 50% of the battle is the attitude of fighting to win and never giving up.

    i'm working on doing a documentary about some of this. if you think it is noteworthy, then i ask that you simply pass it around to others you know, so that it may find its way in the lap of some one who can contribute to the indiegogo campaign. if you decide to blog about it, let me know, and i will be happy to post a link to your site from our site, in the credits, to thank you for spreading the word.

    the site for the documentary is: http://ToxicBiology.com/

    i hope this helps you or some one you know in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing with us this wonderful information. I shared with you a great profile. I hope this profile keyboard checker will be a great help in checking out your keyboard.

    ReplyDelete